Saturday, March 15, 2014

Save Remarkable Amounts Of Time With Speeding Reading Apps:

I was inspired by a blog written by Ashley Sanders, “Speed Reading for Busy Grads.”  The blog hit home, I am the slowest reader in the world, and it’s a fact.  I get so impatient when I read that I just lose interest!!  It is hard to believe I ever received my undergraduate degree and my masters but I did. 

If only we could all speed read! We would have time to read those books important to our studies, not only this but it would free up our time to either spend more valuable moments with our families or have our brains bursting with valuable knowledge...and as we all know (from watching films such as Spiderman) that with great knowledge comes great power!


I have recently decided to go back to school and take some courses but I have been a little reluctant, as reading is such a slow process for me. However,  after my recent app discoveries, I felt like there might be hope for me yet!  
So without further ado, here are the recommendations that Ashley Sanders suggested: Free version of QuickReader on iPad, Speeder on laptop, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Speed Reading (that’s the one I need) and the blog “8 Speed Reading Apps that can Slash Your Reading Time” from The American Genius.  The blog also had some good tips on those who are working on speed reading, http://www.insidehighered.com//blogs/gradhacker/speed-reading-busy-grads
So speed read away and as always-I would love to hear from anyone who has tried any of the apps and has recommendations for the best speed reading apps you have found. 
Elizabeth Koukladas.

No comments:

Post a Comment