Friday, January 3, 2014

To Loan Or Not To Loan...That Is The Question.

Most Europeans are very uncomfortable with education debt; it’s interesting because it’s the opposite of our experience in the USA.  It makes it more difficult for Europeans to receive financial funding with studying abroad but help is on its way!

New limited financial support programs. It is a loan, that you will have to pay back.  It seems that in 2014-15 the European countries have stepped up to help students that wish to study abroad.   A loan of up 12,000 euros (equivalent to $16,500), should cover the cost of one-year study abroad for masters.  The expectations are that over 200,000 students will access a loan to study abroad.  There are some that doubt Europeans will feel comfortable taking a loan out and that some will expect the government to pay for their education. 

If you want to study abroad, you will have to decide if you want to take out a loan or not. I personally have student loans that I have been paying off for years but I have no regrets, my education is one of the best things I have done with my life.  

So, if you have a dream to study abroad you just might have to take a loan out, do not be too afraid, I think that you will find it to be money extremely well spent!

Elizabeth Koukladas
www.bearlainternationalstudies.com

No comments:

Post a Comment